View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm still enjoying the Iron Man anime. I think an underlying subplot that should be explored more is Tony's fish out of water feeling, and how his attitude isn't embraced by the Japanese culture. I loved how in the first episode, when he started flirting with Nanami (the annoying but cute reporter) she slapped him. That was great, because when he pulls that stuff in the US, it ends with him banging the reporter. I also liked how his assistant pointed out that the Japanese people's view on the arc reactor wouldn't be as cut and dry as Tony's ("free energy: who wouldn't want that?). But they gravitated away from that, which is unfortunate. Still, though, I love the animation, like Stark's character, and like that I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm not even sure if this Zodiac gang is in the Iron Man lore.

As for Wolverine, I don't know what's going on. I mean, why throw Omega Red into the mix in Japan? Wolverine's Japan backstory is rich enough that you don't need to include Omega Red. I feel like they could end up wasting one of Wolverine's trademark villains. I'm also confused as to why Wolverine is so weak here. When he's not fighting foot soldiers, he's getting the crap beat out of him. Certainly not the Logan I've come to know and love.