View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
The Homer vs Bear episode might be the worst one they ever did. The flashback one with Lisa as president and Bart as a pothead slacker while Homer and Marge look for gold (Although the only part to make me laugh was when they acknowledged how dumb it was) is up there.

They should stay on the air. A couple of completely awful episodes aside (Ralph for President), the past five years have been borderline great. I've laughed hard during most of the episodes at least once. Nothing near the level of Grandpa's onion belt, but it's still funny.
Yeah, that future episode is another bottom of the barrel stinker. It looks even worse when compared to Lisa's Wedding. Some other ones that stuck out during this time as being particularly bad:

Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder - Season 11 - No real plot. Just random crap happening. Homer bowls a 300 game, becomes a celebrity, wants to kill himself, then ends with him becoming concerned about not spending enough time with Maggie.

Saddlesore Galactica - Season 11 - Bart gets a horse. There was already an episode where Lisa got a horse several years earlier and it was MUCH better. The whole bit about the magical land of jockeys was basically the worst single scene in the history of the show.

New Kids on the Blecch - Season 12 - Bart joins a boy band? Which sends subliminal messages about joining the navy? Ugh...

Gump Roast - Season 13 - Clip show with Homer acting as Forrest Gump. Kang and Kodos end up roasting him at the end of the show. These two should never appear outside of the Treehouse of Horror episodes.

Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass - Season 16 - Homer becomes a choreographer for athletes, teaching them how to perform cool victory dances after they score. This constitutes a plot? They really ran out of jobs for Homer to perform.

I could go on but you get the idea...