View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Outkast and the Wu Tang Clan are my favorites. I also really enjoy Aesop Rock, Blackalicious, Five Deez, Notorious B.I.G., The Roots, MC Solaar, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Qwest, and Roots Manuva. I really liked Illmatic but I haven't listened to much of Nas' later work.

I think it's okay to bring up other genres of music because I don't think the point is what makes dubstep popular or why it sucks. All genres have artists that are making great art, the question is why does the crap always sell better? MikeMovie touched on this when he pointed out that intellectual music will never be the best seller.
It's interesting that you mention that. Outkast and Wu-Tang are my two favorite groups also! Then Dead Prez, then A Tribe Called Quest, and many more.
My favorite rappers are Nas, Big L, KRS-ONE, Masta Ace, Mos Def, Kool G Rap, Biggie, Tupac, AZ, and that list goes on too.
My favorite producers are J Dilla AKA Jay Dee, The Rza, 9th Wonder, Bronze Nazareth, Dr. Dre, Ryan Leslie, Pete Rock, DJ Premiere, etc.

Yeah, I'm sure there is good Dubstep. Because i'm sure there are artists who care about that type of music and put their heart and soul into it.
It's up to the audience to support the best of the best, and make sure that their favorite artists never "fall off" or "lose it".

I'm not sure that will ever happen though unfortunately. But maybe!