View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 PM

I've wrapped quite a few books up in the past few weeks and have neglected to put them on here.

7/10
The critique of 7/10 does not go to Alligheri's masterpiece, but the volume itself. I would warn newcomers to The Divine Comedy not to purchase this particular edition unless it is the only one in stock, and even then it may be a better idea to seek another. The binding is very well done, as well as aesthetically pleasing, and the translation both readable and properly executed, but only the Inferno portion is included here. I got this as a gift, and I am thankful for it, but now I have to find the more "divine" half of this comedy in PDF format! I think that the text itself is an important piece of literature and should be at least read by anyone who has interest.

10/10
Both of these works by Friedrich Nietzsche will change the way you look at morals. His "reevaluation of all values" certainly lives up to its title and puts both self-proclaimed Christians and philosophers alike on the scaffold for his scrutiny.

10/10
Both titles are very charming reads and enjoyable. Carroll's poetry as well as the original illustrations compliment the story very well. EDIT: My copy has both Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass

Last edited by MisoGenie; 09-25-2011 at 01:45 PM..