View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
While Cavill LOOKS like Superman, that's about it. I'm not happy about this reboot at all. I don't like the new suit, and I don't want another fucking "origin story" either. If you don't know Superman's origin by now, there's something wrong with you.

Anyway, I really liked Routh better as Superman, and I loved Superman Returns. Just because it didn't get the box office that was expected of it, doesn't mean it has to be fucking rebooted.

But Hollywood loves to reboot franchises new & old! So why the fuck NOT, right?

Anyway, I'm going in skeptical because I've been a life-long fan of the Big Blue Boy Scout. I just HOPE I'm pleasantly surprised, as I would love to eat my fucking words, once this fucker's released.
One again with the another origin story argument. The last time Superman had an "origin" portrayed on was in 1978, and that was barely an origin more than it was a quick scene with Krypton being destroyed and baby Kal-El being shipped to Earth. I think with Snyder's Superman we're getting a lot more--especially since you have an actor like Russell Crowe playing Jor-El.

Regarding the comment of Routh being a better Superman; I don't understand this statement. How do you know if the movie hasn't been released yet? It's similar to the argument we got about Jack Nicholson being a better Joker than Heath Ledger when The Dark Knight hadn't even been released yet. Finally, Superman is the one hero that desperately needed a reboot. He's been in the same vintage shit hole for over three decades, it's time we get a new direction.