Thread: Hip-Hop
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_rambo View Post
My Top 10 (In No Particular Order)

The Roots - Probably the most talented group of musicians Hip Hop has ever seen.

Wu Tang Clan (group and solo) - Probably the most talented group of Rappers to come together. RZA may be my favorite mind in all of hip hop.

Jay Z - One of the GOAT

Kanye - Not the greatest technical rapper, but he knows how to put together a great Album that is more than just a bunch of Songs, it is an experience.

A Tribe Called Quest - Pioneers of Alternative Hip Hop

Kid Cudi - My fave rapper to come out of the last few years. Saw him in concert in June and was one of the funnest shows there could ever be.

Brother Ali - Raps straight from the heart in some of the most personal songs you will ever hear a rapper do.

Mos Def - Black On Both Sides is one of the understated classics in Hip Hop.

Nas - IMO the best at rapping about the issues. Has a way with lyrics that very few can match.

Run DMC - One of the first acts that got me into hip hop, so they will always hold a special place in my heart.

Honorable Mentions: Beastie Boys, Notorious BIG, Lupe Fiasco
Nice list man. Nice to see Roots on there. And Mos Def, Wu-Tang, and of course Nas are a few of my favorites as well.

I agree, Nas is one of the best topical rappers out there. He always offers an interesting, and well informed perspective on issues.
Plus there are all the sheer lyrically creative tracks he's done. For example, rapping from the point of view of a gun on his second album.

I'm not familiar with Brother Ali. I'll look him up.