View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
This...

Plus the fact that why do certain male actors disclose this information only after they have made a name for themselves in movies and shit? It's like...

OMGZ. I AM GAY. LET THE WORLD KNOW. I AM GAY@! DID YOU GET THAT?

Really. Who gives a shit? Really? I don't. It's just to get even more attention as far as I am concerned. I have no problem with gay actors. But what shits me is when they make a big fkn deal about it. I am gay. Tell the world. I AM GAY!

So it's the ol' "it's ok to be gay.... just be sure to keep it to yourself!" thing?

With respect, I sure don't think male actors do this just to get "more attention" and make themselves bigger stars. There is still a lot of stigma in Hollywood about this, and I'm sure there are literally hundreds of gay actors out there who will never come out for fear of losing their career. I don't think we should choose to criticize those who decide to come out.

Who cares? Well, you are right, most people shouldn't and won't give a damn... but I can tell you Zachary Quinto cares, and I'm sure this wasn't just some small thing for him that he figured would make him more popular.

Personally, I say good for him.