View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:55 AM
“Megan Is Missing” made me upset

I did watch the movie “Megan is missing” yesterday, and was terrified and angry! The script in this movie is entirely based on real occurrences as the Director says. On Imdb it says: Fictional drama based on actual events. I was so angry, upset and shocked after this movie that I gave it 1/10 right away, just in anger, but know a few days later I set it to a 7/10. This movie will really disturb you. At least it did disturb me!

“In October 2011, the New Zealand Censorship Board (OFLC) banned Anchor Bay’s release of this film by classifying it as ‘Objectionable’. They claimed that it contained sexual violence and sexual conduct involving young people to such an extent and degree, and in such a manner that if it was released it would be ‘injurious to the public good’. They went on to say that it relished in the spectacle of one girl’s ordeal, including a three-minute rape scene. They also stated that it sexualised the lives of young teenage girls to a ‘highly exploitative degree’.”

I am still shaken after this movie and think of it nearly all the time. How evil mankind can be and frustrating not being able to help the victims. It was not my intention to write about this movie, but my frustration made me. Watch it and make up your own mind, but for me it`s one of the most terrifying, shocking and mind-thinking move I have ever seen!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087461/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Megan Is Missing!.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	9840  

Last edited by kristianzhe; 01-21-2012 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Imdb link added