View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philalva77 View Post
Anyone remember back in the day before DVD & Blu-Rays took over you had to wait 6 months before you could rent a movie & a full year to even buy them. My how times have changed but makes sense because of supply & demand. Seems like WB just wants to go back to the old days. It did actually take Hangover Part II almost 7 months to be released on DVD/Blu-ray.
Ya... but when DVD first came out, the main reason I jumped on board and got my first DVD player (before most people had DVD players... back in like '97) was because DVD had no wait time for when I could rent our buy new releases. That was the selling point for me... not having to wait 6-9 months to see a new release. And now Warner Brothers is reverting back to a VHS mentality.

And to me, it makes no sense, they do this to bump up sales, this way if you want to see the movie, you will HAVE to buy the movie. BUT that is a terrible practice, and another case of Executives being fucking imbeciles, because if a new release comes out, I will rent it, and if I like it, I will go out later that week and purchase the Blu Ray that will still be on it's first week sale.

I know it's not a Warner title, but something like Tower Heist, if I had to wait 2 months to see it, that isn't going to make me run out and buy it just so I can see it. Either I will find it online somewhere for free, or wait the 2 months. but if they released it day and date on netflix, I may really enjoy the movie and run out that week to make the purchase.