Thread: Mad Men
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
I just feel it's not the best show on Television. Don't get me wrong, I love the show but I feel Breaking Bad or especially Sons of Anarchy deserve more recognition. They're more engaging and creative in the storyline department.

Shows like that I need to be home when a new episode is going to come on. I could miss an episode of Mad Men and be fine with it.

And what arcs do you speak of besides Draper's past? You could easily start watching from Season Four on and know everything that was going on, what happened with him and Betty, could tell the relationship that is between him and Peggy and her past relationship with Pete.

Believe me, I did.
Spoiler:
Drapers Past, Betty's mental health problems, Pete & Peggy's affair, The takeover of Sterling Cooper, the breakaway to form SCDP,The characters that were left behind because of that and many other important events that make up this show.

I can understand why you think Sons Of Anarchy deserves more praise, it definitely does. The show has suprised myself and alot of people by having compelling characters and fantastic storylines. When I first started watching the show, I expected for it to entertain me, but I didn't realise that it would have the ability to floor me. Along with Breaking Bad, Mad Men & Boardwalk Empire, it makes up my top four in television. It deserves a hell of alot more credit than it gets.

I don't understand how the Mad Men can bore people, the writing alone is enough to keep you in awe. Add to that the wonderful performances and the gorgeous cinematograph and set design and you have a moving work of art. Obviously people have different opinions on the show, but I never truly got the 'boring' criticism.