View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Science searches for answers with an open mind. Yes, sometimes they're wrong, but they dont just stop searching, stop learning.

Religion certainly does. Oh, the Earth is 2000 years old? Im'a ignore all this proof that says otherwise. Nanananan-not-listening. Etc.
I am religious and I do not believe that. Some might but you can't put all of us in the same boat. I am very science minded and I am aware of the earth's timeline and the fact that it stretches into the billions, not thousands, of years. I love to think of scientific theories in a religious manner. I do not recall the Bible stating that God forbids us to use science to learn and progress so I embrace science, LOVE IT.

Quote:
Countless wars and countless deaths have been because of religion. A very select few of them, true, and not religion as a whole, but if it wasnt them it would have been another.
Religion has caused deaths, this is true. Science on the other hand has taken us from bows and arrows to nuclear bombs, chemical weapons, laser death rays, and Joan River's face. So who has contributed to MORE deaths?

Quote:
Someday, someone like him or someone worse than him, could be president, because his idiotic faith has brainwashed so many people. If that happens, you'll see an Adam-shaped hole in that door.
I have never, nor will I ever, vote on someone on their religious beliefs. I do not need Jim Baker running this country. I need someone who will get the job done. If they go to church on Sunday, that's fine by me. If they don't and want to put in some overtime and fix our deficit, again fine by me.

Just make sure to grab Alec Baldwin if you do hit the road. =)