Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:38 PM
So, I finally finished the game and regarding the ending.....

Spoiler:
I didn't mind "The Catalyst" decision that was given to me in it's deus-ex machinia moment. I made those decisions in the first and second game, so every decision that I have done revolved around this big moment. Should I say fuck it" with all the alliances I have made by going for the easiest solution of "merging", or just go for "Control" and allow the various galaxies to figure out what they will do on their one.

Needless to say, I went with "Control", with the belief that considering I had brought a new beginning for the Geth sythetics, I rather let the universes make their own decisions and simply control the Reapers to no longer be a burden to our world.

However, the one thing that pisses me off about the final moments is the fact that I get one or two video clips that just show the lasting effect of my decision at the end. Oh, Normandy crashed and my legend is talked about for years to come. Great, but I would've liked to see my teammates, and the different species deciding on what to do next.

Other than that, 60 bucks certainly well spent for a conclusion of an epic and grand science fiction game. Despite a kind of rushed ending, I appreciated the grey lined ending that Bioware brings to the table.