View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
Take a minute to think about this premise: a guy works for an agency that kills people from the future. Apparently he waits for them to appear on some kind of picnic blanket in the middle of nowhere before he blasts them. Does that sound dumb only to me?
Yeah, I think it's kind of goofy, but I guess the difference between us is that it doesn't bother me. The part that struck me was him saying how well-paid they were, despite the fact that, y'know, it's literally simpler work than what your average throwaway mob enforcer does. Still, I'm not looking for some life shattering metaphysical experience with a film like this, and in terms of pure action I thought it looked absolutely fantastic. Like, the directing and cinematography seemed superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
The fast-talking dialogue was one of my favorite parts of the movie. I saw it as a metaphor for how teenagers are wrapped up in their own little world that is just too cool for school.
I saw it as a metaphor for trying to break into the film industry when you're at most going to command a half a million dollar budget.