View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
I completely respect your opinion. As I said I fully understand that I sound like a dick. Over the past 7 years here I've never really said anything other than that single post, out of 2000, that has been derogatory of others opinions. In fact I don't even really think what i said was all that negative, it's just not sugar coated. I'm just saying I think your opinion sucks. I understand you think mine sucks and that's fine with me, we can disagree. I would argue that Tolkiens work is far nerdier than anything batman related, but that has nothing to do with me liking or disliking shit.
This paragraph is contradictory. You can't respect my opinion if you think it sucks. Film is subjective, you either like something or you don't. I'd be careful with how you word things. People have used that work around before: "I don't think you're stupid, I just think you're opinion is stupid" and have been disciplined for it. It's disrespectful, even if you don't mean for it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
because one is actually a book, the other is 5 pages with some poorly written dialogue and then some shitty pictures.
Don't let soda see that. These films have transcended the genre, The Dark Knight made a billion dollars and not from just comic book fans. That's because people in the mainstream care about the characters and the stories that originated in the comic books. Just like LOTR has transcended its roots and become popular in the mainstream with people who will never pick up the books. All I'm saying is that they're on the same level when it comes to the movies. So I'd never sit back and get depressed because people are more excited to see The Hobbit than TDKR, I'd appreciate the fact that they like those characters and stories more than I do.