View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lister View Post
I thought that at the time of release and still do. Too many villians. Not enough Batman. Too much Tim Burton (and I like Tim Burton!) It's better than the Schumacher movies but out of the pre-Nolan movies I'll only watch the first one.
I personally think Batman Forever is easily the best Batman movie to the pre-Nolan movies and thats because of what you mention.Thats the thing that sucked about those god awful Burton Batman movies is the villains had the majority of the screentime and Batman was just a supporting character.

Thats just ONE of the major problems with those movies.Thats okay for a television episiode but not for a movie for crying out loud.A movie is a special case.They spent so much time on the character of the Joker you never understood why he faught crime or why he dressed up like a bat.

Batman Forever they finally explained it all and were able to since it was mostly about Batman.I loved the special effects much better than the Burton Batman films as well.For me,Batman Forever is the only pre-Nolan Batman movie I will watch.As I said before,I thought Kilmer made a much better Bruce wayne than Keaton did.Keaton was so miscast in that role.Also like i said before,I think it gets a very unfair bad rap because of how Schumacher ruined Batman and Robin.He went overboard on that movie.That one is easily the worst of the bunch.