Thread: The Avengers
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Don't get me wrong, I liked this movie a lot. It's a really fun movie, there is no denying that. But I think many people are going overboard with their praise of the movie. I think it's a really fun movie, but I wouldn't call it a great movie either.

Spoiler:
Still sad that they killed off Agent Coulson. I mean, I know his death was vital in getting the team to finally work together and settle their petty differences but I'm sad now that he won't be a part of the other sequels now. :sad:

I still think the original Iron Man is a slightly better movie, but I would definitely rank this second in all of the movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
When the movie was over, I shrugged and said "alright." I wanted to love this as much as other people were and I wanted to believe the hype but something just didn't completely do it for me. Everything before the battle in New York just seemed average. I liked how each character got enough time independently and all had their time to shine, even if some of them had some REALLY dumb moments (pointing a pistol at the Hulk? Sure, try that.) It just seemed average and never wowed me. The battle in New York was great, but that was the last half hour or so. I've heard people call this the best superhero film of all time, and that is a really really long stretch. I could probably name 10 better superhero films, and I don't really watch many. There's one superhero film that I won't say because I know that there will be at least one person who will get angry, but I had so much more fun with, and absolutely loved, but was panned by every critic and I was definitely in the minority on. I won't say what it is but, I don't know anyone else who liked it besides me and two of my friends.......alright it was Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Sorry guys, it's my opinion.

6.5/10
Even though I gave it a 8.5/10, which is starting to look more like a 7.5/10 pretty soon, I understand where you guys are coming from. This film is getting way too much hype, and I think it's because people are simply in awe by the simple fact some of their favorite heroes are on the screen together. Because honestly, nothing else felt exciting. I too can name a couple of other superhero movies that were better than this, X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 to name a few, but I think people will forget about this similar to how they did with Iron Man after The Dark Knight came out.