Thread: The Avengers
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
Keep telling yourself that and maybe even someday you'll believe it. Avengers is now the benchmark that other will be measured by and no amount of self imposed "head up the ass syndrome" will change that fact.
Bahahahaha.

I have no doubt that The Avengers will be your personal benchmark, given that you gave it a 10 and said it was the most thrilling 2 hours and 20 minutes you've ever spent at the cinema. However, regardless of my opinion of either film, for the last four years every comic book and/or superhero film has been compared to The Dark Knight. I have problems with The Dark Knight, but there is absolutely no denying that from a consensus standpoint, it is the "benchmark" at which others are compared. Your nut-busting reaction to The Avengers isn't going immediately erase that consensus. It takes time for that kind of reputation to build, and unfortunately for The Avengers, it only has two months until The Dark Knight Rises comes out.

So, I don't know where you are getting your "facts" from, but if you could point me in the right direction, I would love to see where you found them.