Thread: The Avengers
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
The Avengers - 8/10

In my opinion, Iron Man and The Hulk are far and away the most interesting characters used in the movie, and I personally find Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow to be rather uninteresting characters. I think it would have been better to substitute a few of them with characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine. I'm not familiar with the comics though, so I don't know if that would be blasphemy or not.
No it wouldn't be blasphemy, they just happen to come along a lot later

There are other interesting Avengers that came before them: The Vision, Wonder-Man, Ant-man (which would open a potential huge story with Ultron), War Machine, She Hulk, Namor (Sub-Mariner), and Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
I also had some issues with the plot, which was rather stale. Whedon certainly made the most of it, but it was something we have seen so many times before. Unlimited energy sources, portals, etc. The use of all of these characters is itself original, so why not put them in a story that isn't the basis for every generic superhero movie that we've seen in the last 15 years? I think with a better story, some more interesting characters, and a more menacing villain, the sequel could make it over the fence.
I think your two issues can possibly be solved in the sequel.

If they happen to follow through with Thanos, he is one of the ultimate Marvel Villains

and he is tied to the Cosmic Cube also