Thread: Actor Assholes
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
A celebrity is an entertainer first, and I-don't-care-what second (as long as no one is being killed or hurt in the process).

I don't even care if they have hurt somebody for that matter. Victor Salva is a convicted pedophile, but that doesn't stop me from watching and enjoying Jeepers Creepers when I see it (it's usually among the horror flicks I'll see every Halloween season).

Roman Polanski raped a (I don't quite remember how old the girl was, 15? 16?)young girl but I'll still watch and love most of his movies.

I mean, I do care to an extent, it means they are horrible people. Of course if they also repent on what they did and did their time, then I'm also a firm believer in second chances as long they have truly changed. Salva did his time. I don't know if he's sorry for what he did but at least he did his time. Polanski, on the other hand, fled the country. Yes, I know he got screwed by the judge and that's why he fled. I don't care. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I like Polanski the filmmaker. But I do not like or admire the man himself. That's the difference.