View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys/gals. Things are getting a bit better and I've been hanging with some of my close friends for the past few days who are certainly helping in the matter.

But one important update: She contacted me yesterday via text and we talked for a bit. After a few messages, she expressed interest in still going along with me to a movie I bought tickets for (that opens this weekend, you know the one) prior to us breaking up. Obviously she wants to go as friends to see if it works. Weighing out my options, I suggested we each bring a mutual friend along for the night out for support (just under the possibility that things may get awkward). As of now, she hasn't responded to that idea.

But I would like to stand up for myself in regards to some of the responses. It is true that I am terrible at relationships and this was my first serious one, but I excell at almost every other aspect in my life. I'm physically in great condition, quite bright and have a high level of education in the engineering field, and I'm one of the most charismatic and funny individuals within my circle of friends. I also have a very strong and encouraging family--quite supportive and strong parents. I would say, after self reflection, that my lack of belief in loyalty when it comes to relationships lasting (I've been cheated on three times) is definitely amoung my biggest faults. Perhaps the biggest.

Last edited by FireCaptain4; 06-02-2012 at 12:16 PM..