View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I can't name any movie Hugh Laurie has been in, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good actor. He made the TV show House what it was. There are a shitload of A-list actors working today that started out in television.
Started. Hugh Laurie has been a television actor for his entire career, his film roles include Spice World, 102 Dalmations, and Hop. I'm sure the guy has got talent, there are a lot of really talented actors working in television. I'm not concerned with that, what I'm concerned with is why the production of this film keeps going to television actors. That's always a sign of cutting costs. Hiring tv actors for their major motion picture? What other corners are they cutting for this cash-in remake bullshit?

Quote:
And of the four actors that have major parts (including Laurie), two are not TV actors - Jackson and Oldman.
I know, I said half of the cast is comprised of television actors, which is true. And one of those film actors has been phoning it in for well over a decade.

Quote:
Don't be so pessimistic.
Listen, when it comes to uninspired remakes of classic 80s films, I'm going to be pessimistic. Then I'm going to post those pessimistic feelings here, on a movie discussion board. You call me pessimistic, I say I'm keeping my expectations in check for what is most likely going to turn out to be a cash-in hack job.