Thread: New Site Look
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sense Man View Post
Hey guys didn't find any threads about this so here goes.

I know that websites are ever evolving and basically you have to move or die, sort of like sharks.

But I have to say that I am not digging the new movies news format.

I cruise this site daily, hell multiple times a day, and normally I just jump to the news section completely skipping home page, etc.

The reason I did this was that you have only 2 or 3 stories highlighted, flash fashion on the home page. I like to be able to get a look at all the headlines fast and pick and choose my stories.

Now you have basically made the news section all about large blocks or pictures and text leaving only room enough for about 5 stories before you have to hit the older stories tab.

The nice little convenient index of the headlines on the left side is gone.

I know its just a minor thing but it will make surfing your site a bit more difficult, it was nice to have a nice index of stories to look at. I am all about the bling but in this case the bling is pushing out the content.

Hey just my two cents.

Love the site and I am not going anywhere.

Out........................................
Thanks for the feedback but everyone (including you) really needs to CHILL OUT a little, breathe in and out and mostly importantly....give it a little time, people!

Change isn't easy for anyone, but we're not dumb-dumbs running the site here. We didn't make these changes to line our pockets, we made them because we truly believe they will make our site stronger, especially in this new age and more and more corporations jumping online with BILLIONS of dollars behind them.

All I ask to anyone in this thread is: WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS, SURF THE SITE FOR A FEW MORE DAYS AND THEN FORM YOUR OPINION. I suspect that you'll "get used to" the new format by then and who knows...maybe even like it!

The 2 specific things you complain about here are easy to resolve. Firstly, you say you don't see the NEWS HEADLINES on the JOBLO news section anymore or only "5" of them (it's actually 10, but who's counting?). You do realize that we only showed about 12 headlines before, right? (without any images). Sure you can CLICK TO SCROLL down to see more of those headlines, but guess what...you can CLICK "SEE OLDER STORIES" in the new format and see another 10 news headlines (we're already up to 20 headlines and all you had to do was CLICK ONCE). Too much to ask?

But if you insist on seeing all of the NEWS HEADLINES in one shot....well, go to the main page (www.joblo.com), click on the JOBLO TAB on the right, bookmark it for yourself and you'll be able to see/click any of 30-35 of the latest JOBLO headlines without any clicking at all!

See....that wasn't so hard, was it?

C'mon people....TAKE A FEW DAYS, SURF THE SITE, GET USED TO IT and then see what you think. Do kneejerk reactions ever really make sense?