Thread: New Site Look
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTyde View Post
I have to agree with the majority.... I'm all for change, but this new site is sluggish and slow. It's very frustrating to navigate not having the news headlines on the left hand side, and having to revert back all the way to the portal page just to see the headlines. Also, and maybe this is just a macintosh thing, but trying to access any links at the top, ie... the forums is almost near impossible because of the massive advertisements which you can't collapse or close, that cover right over the top of the links...

This site is seriously bugged, and should have been tested more thoroughly before administering.

This is such a downer guys, would really like to see a cleaner site than this.
1) I already responded to the "I don't see enough headlines" issue above. There are VARIOUS WAYS to get your headlines now. Just choose a new one you like and everybody's happy. Oh, I forgot to mention that below each article we have now added PREVIOUS/NEXT links which make it easier to click to the PREVIOUS/NEXT STORY or right below that, the 10 latest headlines, with easy access. We realize this is a little "different" but you guys DO visit other sites/blogs, right? We're actually not that different from any of them now. Not sure why all the fuss.

2) The slowness was due to server issues on day 1 of the deployment which is EXTREMELY NORMAL. It took us a few hours to "adjust" to the new conditions and now the news sections load faster than they did before (this is a FACT here, I'm not talking out of my ass). We ran a battery of "speed tests" on these things, we've been working on these templates for months.

3) The "ad issue" was another big BUG from day#1 that has since been resolved. Obviously you are not a computer programmer because most everyone in this business knows that you will ALWAYS HAVE BUGS when re-launching a site of this magnitude. We worked out all of the big ones but plenty still remain, which we will continue to work on next week, but you guys REALLY need to cut us a little slack. How much are you guys paying to enjoy our content again? Sorry, but it's difficult to hear so many people shitting on our hard work when they're getting it all for FREE.

Like I told the dude above....you guys need to RELAX for a few days, let us work out all the kinks and TRY (is that too much to ask) and see if the changes can work for you, after a few days (not after 2-3 hours after launch).