View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Boy View Post
...but Moonrise Kingdom is a film that pulls a deceptive sleight of hand and makes the simplistic simply captivating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
Whimsical, hilarious, and touching, Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom is just fun, majestic filmmaking at the center of its heartfelt core. It has the airiness of fun children’s films, the joyful chemistry in great romance films, and some great dry comedic bits that comes from the ensemble cast that Anderson has put together. Essentially, Moonrise Kingdom is a film that pretty much matches, and perhaps exceeds your expectations.
Instead of writing my own review, I'll just say that I wholeheartedly agree with Lazy Boy and Mr. Hyde's great reviews.

I saw the film a few weeks ago, and I'm still thinking about it. Moonrise Kingdom is Wes Anderson's ode to childhood innocence, escapism, and love. Not to mention it's very much a Anderson film in its quirkiness, dry humor, colorful characters, and stunning mise-en-scene. The performances from the ensemble cast are great. However, the two child actors, both of whom are nothing short of wonderful, are the stand-outs. Moonrise Kingdom is not only hilarious, whimsical, and brilliantly acted and written, but it's also Anderson's most poignant piece of work. The film connected with me in ways that no other entry in Anderson's terrific filmography has before. I don't know if Moonrise Kingdom is Anderson's magnum opus, but I do know that it's the best film of the year, so far.

9/10

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 07-01-2012 at 08:09 AM..