View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
That's a BOLD statement.
Not really. It may not beat The Avengers, but I guarantee it makes as much or more than TDK. The Ledger argument is nonsense. Even if he attracted people to go see TDK, the fact remains that people loved TDK. What are they going to say? "Nah, TDK was one of, if not the best comic book movie of all-time, but I think I'll skip the final entry where we find out what happens to these characters." This would be like going to see the first two LOTR movies and enjoying them, and then deciding not to see the third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
It'll do what Batman Begins did, 350-400 mill.
It will make that in under 3 weeks domestically. It's on track for a $200 million opening weekend, will have bigger weekday numbers than The Avengers because it's July/August, has IMAX theatres all to itself for its entire theatrical run, has no serious competition, and is a sequel to what many consider the best comic book/superhero movie ever made. You are out of your mind if you think this is only going to make $350-400 million.

Also, by saying $350-400 million, that is implying that you are referring to worldwide numbers (since it only made $200 million domestically). If so, that is even more hilarious.