View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
If you're gonna have the Beatles there, at least have While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I'm betting it wasn't picked because Clapton played the lead guitar part rather than any of the Fabs themselves. But, honestly, "Helter Skelter" is arguably singlehandedly responsible for modern day heavy metal; it was, after all, before both Sabbath and Zeppelin. Even by today's standards the song still sounds quite heavy.

Funny they picked "Won't Get Fooled Again" as The Who's representation. I mean, that song is arguably even more synth-dominated. I'd say "I Can See for Miles" or "Pinball Wizard" might've been better picks.

As far as The Stones go, I'd have probably gone with "Satisfaction" based on sheer influence (even though I think "Jumpin' Jack Flash" is the better song).

For Hendrix, I'd have gone with "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)".

Seeing "Albatross" on the list was a pleasant surprise, though I wonder if "Oh Well" would've been a better choice for representing Fleetwood Mac.

And, yes, "Whole Lotta Love" is Zeppelin's most overrated song from their most overrated album (on top of that, it's really just a rip-off of Willie Dixon's "You Need Love"). I'm not sure what song I'd have replaced it with, though. "Black Dog," perhaps?