Thread: Lawless
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I didn't think it was great, but it was pretty solid stuff. Shai is definitely very likeable, as is Tom Hardy and Guy Pearce is such a great bad guy. You want him to get his comeuppance so bad!

Spoiler:
The scene where Pearce kicks the shit out of Shai's character was fucking brutal.

In fact, there were many shockingly brutal scenes.

My only complaint is that Gary Oldman is barely in it. It really is just a cameo.

Not really a complaint but . . .

Spoiler:
It really sucks that Shai's character ruins how Hardy eventually dies. There is something amusing that, of all things he survives throughout the movie, it's pneumonia from falling into the ice water that kills him. It sucks that they say that, because I was starting to think he practically immortal considering that he survives getting slit in the throat AND getting shot several times!

And good god, Jessica Chastain is without a doubt one of the most beautiful women in the world! Yowza! LOVE her nude scene! I'm officially in love!
This..Though on Jessica Chastain I still find her walking a very fine line between being ugly/beautiful..I tend to find her more on the beautiful side but sometimes she looks downright nasty.