View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
If you recorded it off of basic cable - like AMC or TNT, I recommend deleting it and renting, Netflixing, or Redboxing it. From what I've seen, some good stuff gets deleted out of the basic cable version that makes it a weaker movie.
Nah man, I've got HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Encore, and Showtime. The Green Mile frequently airs on one of those channels (forgot which one since they're basically all the same to me) and I recorded it from there. I always record from those channels (along with TCM which thankfully has no commercials during movies, only in between them), never from basic cable. I hate commercials breaking up the pacing of the movie along with any possible tension, plus censorship means that half of the dialogue in films like Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, and The Big Lebowski are muted or replaced with nonsensical substitutes. I can't stand watching movies on basic cable and even if I really wanna see a movie and it's only on basic cable, well, I'll just skip it.

I know that turned into an off-topic rant but I thought I'd answer your question.