View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Past Tense

This week we get some cannabis, but it's purely medicinal in "Weeds"...

"Weeds: Season Two" was released on home video on July 24th, 2007.

It streeted against "Tod McFarlane’s Spawn: 10th Anniversary Signature Edition - The Animated Collection", "Benson: The Complete First Season", "Live Free Or Die Hard: Unrated" and "The Monster Squad: Two-Disc 20th Anniversary Edition".

There were three inserts. The first is an episode listing. Next was an ad for the companion book "In The Weeds". The last was a rebate for $25.00 if you subscribe to Showtime; from July 27th, 2007 to March 31st, 2008.

- - -

There was a single exclusive from Target, a forty-eight page booklet, a sampler of a larger publication, "In The Weeds: The Official Guide To The Showtime Series" by Kera Bolonik. This came inside the slipcover, in fact the slipcover was thicker to accommodate the booklet. What you see above is pretty much the same cover as the main book, just narrower (I was going to include the image, but it's the same picture). The book (288 pages), softcover was published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment on August 7th, 2007 for $17.95 Anyhow, back to the exclusive, this set sold for $27.99.

I remember buying this. My store only had four copies. And I got glitter bombed. I bought this on release day, took it to the car to inspect. Removed the plastic wrap and opened it up. Splash. There was dust/debris; the plastic equivalent of saw dust. EVERYWHERE. I had to get out of car and shake it off. I took out the discs and wiped them clean (both DVDs were mint) and clean out the digipack. I don't know what happened; if I was just unfortunate or if others had the same pixy soot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Footnotes.

We're on the precipice, the series finale of "Weeds" will air on September 16th. Not bad, most shows don't last eight seasons. I've seen seasons one through three, but haven't gotten around to watch the others. It's on my "To Do" list. I just wish they would re-release season one in widescreen, it aired that way, but the DVD is full screen. Why???

Sorry about the delay. This should've been uploaded yesterday morning. I got the days mixed up.

Oh well, just take a nice puff and don't worry, the next PT will gingerly tickle your toes on the 27th. Man, you should get some Funyuns for that. *nods*

- - - - - - - - - -

Just Because.

You're welcome. Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Price Botwin; season four promo pix.