View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Dirtyfrog, I take offense to you declaring that pop fuck [itself].

Gosh, I really want to like that Frank Ocean album more, but there's a lot of filler and not much cohesion. Some of the songs feel unfinished too. "Pyramids" and "Bad Religion" are still among my most-played.

Jessie Ware is in a similar camp. Her memorable songs dominate my iTunes most-played or the year.

I cannot turn on the G.O.O.D Music compilation without some scrub yapping "Ric Flair!" into my ear, so if anyone knows of any Kanye-only (R. Kelly too) versions floating around...also, Jay-Z should've stayed retired if he's going to get all closet-Republican on us.

Since I'm in a hating kind-of-mood, I wish A$AP Rocky would just release the damn album so we can begin the quick process of forgetting he existed.

Sleigh Bells have released the worst album of the year, after the refreshing blast of "Treats".

On-track for the year's most underrated: Animal Collective, maybe The xx (don't know the critical reaction entirely but I like it better than their debut), Deerhoof & Woods (who always make this list), Jens Lekman (although I'm still disappointed nothing on it approaches "Kortedala"), Dan Deacon (with the year's stupidest album title), Matthew Dear, Daughn Gibson, Lower Dens, and that phenomenal album by Julia Holter, which seems to be flying under-the-radar despite a BNM designation from the Fork,

I don't know, it is too early and if I provide a list then I'm being a hypocrite. I still have high hopes for Flying Lotus, Grizzly Bear, Bat for Lashes, Titus Andronicus, Kendrick Lamar, Crystal Castles, Tame Impala, Emeralds, LindstrÝm, Andy Stott, Tim Hecker/Daniel Lopatin, and just in time for Christmas, Scott Walker.