View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 PM
The Week Before Halloween . . .

1) Final Destination 2 (2003) - on Encore. This movie kicks so much ass and is so much fun.

2) And Then There Were None (1945) - The first of many film adaptations of Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians" novel. I have enjoyed plenty older movies by now, and this one came with a strong reputation, but it just didn't do anything for me. It's not bad. Just average.

3) The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961) - as covered at my Video Store. Similarly to "And Then There Were None," it was a little too dated for my taste, but has a cool "end of the world" premise going for it.

4) The Possession (2012) - Ever since "The Excorcism of Emily Rose" seven years ago, there has been an endless parade and resurrection/regurgitation of mediocre "Exorcist" knock-offs. Thanks a lot, Emily! This one, released in theaters over a month ago, is the only one I've bothered seeing and it was a good time. It has good actors in it who wouldn't settle for a lousy script to pay the bills - Kyra Sedgwick and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. It might have worked in my favor that I hadn't seen the other three dozen knock-offs to come before it, all looking so derivative of each other. This one did have its spooky moments and a good payoff.

5) the Legend of Hell House (1973) - as covered at my Video Store. Not a bad a haunted house movie, but fell a little short of my expectations.

These are before Halloween and don't count. They're warm-ups. I've been waiting to get a start on the "Children of the Corn" movies, and now I can. Halloween is now on and I may already have seven movies lined up for the first week.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 10-01-2012 at 05:28 PM..