View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
Bay obviously took Weaving's comments as direct insults toward him, and his work, WHICH THEY WERE NOT. It's Transformers, and Weaving is an old British guy, so does that come as a surprise to anyone that the project held zero meaning to him? The man's not complaining, just answering a question honestly, and if Transformers were my movie, and he said that, I would completely understand where he was coming from. Michael Bay calls it whining and questions their integrity? So he would have preferred Weaving say that a movie inspired by children's toys really connected with him? HE DIDN'T EVEN GET A COMPLETE SCRIPT!

I'm not surprised that people are siding with Bay, because his comments would be true, IF these actors were really complaining, however they're not. Once you realize that, you realize what a baby Michael Bay is for even feeling he needed to address this.
Weaving is actually an Aussie, but yeah... Bay is ridiculously defensive about these shitty, disposable movies. As SS mentioned, things are unfortunately not going to get any better for serious actors until the mainstream audience starts demanding a little more from its entertainment (as opposed to treating it as a pleasant little time-killer and then, after it's over, proceeding with your life as if it had never happened )... but with the gap continuing to widen between the general 'thinkers' of this world and the 'non-thinkers' as time goes on, that's never going to happen.