View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Paranormal Activity 3 - The Paranormal Activity movies are I guess what you'd call a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't know why I enjoy these films, but I do. Maybe it's because of all the jump scares, and just the anticipation of what's to come. At any rate, I finally got around to watching the third installment and I have to say I was a little disappointed. While I was watching the movie there were some scenes that I remembered being in the trailer that didn't actually make it into the film--It's unfortunate because some of those scenes looked creeptastic. Also, I found the ending to be a bit cheesy. I understand what the film was trying to do as far as explaining how this "haunting" came to be, but I still feel it was a little too over the top (if that's even possible with these movies). At any rate, there were some really good jump scares, and the tension during the Bloody Mary scene was fantastic. I have yet to see the fourth film, but in my opinion this is the weakest link in the series that I've seen. However, it's still worth watching if you enjoyed the previous two films.

5.5/10