View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
An explanation for the "Hellraiser" straight-to-video sequels is that they, with the exception of "Hellworld," were existing scripts re-written to become "Hellraiser"-oriented. Why not write brand spankin' new scripts? As far as Doug Bradley wrote in his book, they just didn't. And by the time of the recent stv sequel without him, they just told him to show up, make the movie quickly and get it out there. Forget about the quality work and passion, just make it!

Believe it or not, Clive Barker did come up with the idea of placing Pinhead in space. But then again, it's less about space and more about the past-present-future of the puzzle box, which was a good approach ruined by so many factors. Besides the studio interference and rough production, Bradley enjoyed working with special effect guy/director, Kevin Yagher - who did his best to deal with the studio interference. And the finished movie is decent considering. Of the stv sequels, Bradley disliked Part 5/Inferno, appreciated the effort and reappearance of Kirsty Cotton in Part 6/Hellseeker, and did find something to like in the reels of Part 7/Deader that he was able to see before its release. He did not see the reels for "Hellworld" and has no comment. But he did like having the opportunity to work with Lance Henrikson.

Me personally...

Hellraiser - *** out of 4

Hellbound: Hellraiser II - ***

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - **1/2 or *** - take it on a different level and one can enjoy it

Hellraiser: Bloodline - **1/2 or *** - despite the studio interference, the ideas are there and do somewhat come through

Hellraiser: Inferno - **1/2 or *** - it's been a while, but I recall liking it

Hellraiser: Hellseeker - **1/2 - it's been a while. I recall finding it redundant of "Memento" or something, despite Kirsty Cotton's return. Then again, the full reminder of her character and connection to the earlier films was left as a deleted scene. Heaven forbid newer fans seek interest in the earlier films after seeing this one.

Hellraiser: Deader - *** - it's been a while, but I recall enjoying it and finding a stronger "Hellraiser" connection.

Hellraiser: Hellworld - **1/2 - it's been a while, but I remember it well enough to know it's a joke. But take it on a different level, and it is watchable.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 10-26-2012 at 03:27 PM..