View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
ThirstyFly, it pretty much goes downhill after Bloodline, however Inferno is still an okay film. I think the first three films are the best. Hell on Earth, I enjoyed it a lot.
I do this marathon on another forum I visit as well and I actually had Inferno recommended to me after loving the original last year, so I'll be watching that for sure. Unfortunately, if I keep up the 2 per year, it's gonna have to wait until next October.

I do enjoy going though entire series, good and bad though just to see how they evolve/devolve. I went though all of the Halloween movies earlier this year having only seen a few of them before hand and had a good time of it, even if some were... not so great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
An explanation for the "Hellraiser" straight-to-video sequels is that they, with the exception of "Hellworld," were existing scripts re-written to become "Hellraiser"-oriented. Why not write brand spankin' new scripts? As far as Doug Bradley wrote in his book, they just didn't. And by the time of the recent stv sequel without him, they just told him to show up, make the movie quickly and get it out there. Forget about the quality work and passion, just make it!

Believe it or not, Clive Barker did come up with the idea of placing Pinhead in space. But then again, it's less about space and more about the past-present-future of the puzzle box, which was a good approach ruined by so many factors. Besides the studio interference and rough production, Bradley enjoyed working with special effect guy/director, Kevin Yagher - who did his best to deal with the studio interference. And the finished movie is decent considering. Of the stv sequels, Bradley disliked Part 5/Inferno, appreciated the effort and reappearance of Kirsty Cotton in Part 6/Hellseeker, and did find something to like in the reels of Part 7/Deader that he was able to see before its release. He did not see the reels for "Hellworld" and has no comment. But he did like having the opportunity to work with Lance Henrikson.
That's really interesting, thanks for that. I must admit, I like the idea of the movies not really being about Pinhead and him actually being a sub character, so who knows what I'll end up thinking about them. Too bad they didn't put more care into them though. I don't know if you guys listen to the Arrow in the Head podcast too, but they discussed Inferno a few weeks ago they weren't too impressed with it, but I thought it sounded pretty cool.

Last edited by ThirstyFly; 10-26-2012 at 08:20 PM..