View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Fact-The Robocop remake will suck. I don't need to see a trailer to know otherwise. And even then, if the trailer looks promising, that still doesn't guarantee a good movie. The Legend of Conan will be fun. I'm all for it. The same way I'm all for Arnie returning for a decent Terminator film. All of you people the who are putting crap on older actors, whether you're joking or not, seriously need to appreciate the older generation of good movie stars. Comments like "Geriatric" are completely unnecessary. Arnie still has it as far as I'm concerned. I love his movies. Always have. Always will. And I will go and see each and every single one of his films until the day he retires for good. And that day will be a sad day indeed. Arnie is one of the al-time absolute greats of action adventure movies. I own just about every movie he ever made on dvd.

If there was one film that didn't need to be made, it's that fucking retarded looking Robocop remake. Now that is, to quote you, "fucking ridiculous". One more thing. This new Conan will link directly from the original. I think that will work just fine. So, to quote you for a second time, I am "onboard". And I am willing to go out on a limb by also saying that you may very well go and see it. If not, then so what. If so, then ok. Either way, I don't care, but I am still excited to see what Arnie can do with this new project. Remakes sicken me for the most-part because they are nothing but worthless shit. At least this isn't a remake, but a long awaited sequel of sorts. Who knows. The whole thing may fall through as quickly as it came to light. But I hope not. I just wish that Milius was onboard in some capacity. Oh well.
If there's one thing I've learned about remakes and reboots, it's that I've enjoyed at least a few of them, (Batman Begins, Dawn of The Dead) so I figure it's a good idea to remain somewhat open to the possibility that they could be enjoyable. At the same token, I think you have to be honest with yourself when an actor has passed his prime and can no longer portray a character without inspiring laughter and scrutiny in the audience.

It's no secret that arnold is in terrible shape these days. He's not Conan anymore, and the possibility of him reprising the terminator role is even more laughable. Sometimes, if you love something you have to let it go. Returning to something based on nostalgia only works under certain conditions. If you plan to reboot and recast an entire film, then you really aren't limiting yourself as far as action scenes go. What's Arnold got to offer now in the action department as old Conan?

The type of roles he should be accepting now are the type that play to his "seasoned" condition, like The Last Stand and The Tomb. It's too late for Arnold to relive his glory days in his classic roles. 2003's Terminator 3 was the last time he could ever reprise the Terminator role because that was the last time he was in even remotely good shape. That was nearly 10 years ago. Time to pass the torch and let it go.

There may be an audience for this thing, but it won't stop me from thinking this is a bad idea. This is especially true when you consider that Conan was rebooted quite recently, which makes this new entry about as necessary as the spiderman reboot, with or without Arnold.