Thread: Savages
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM
This was bad. Very bad in fact. So bad I am struggling to find the words to describe how bad.

Based upon what I heard, I knew going in this wasn't going to be Natural Born Killers. I figured I wasn't getting the Oliver Stone who made Wall Street back. I knew it was tame, that Stone has long since lost his edge. I did not go in with high expectations or looking for anything provocative. My expectations were as low as they can possibly be. And it still disappointed by A LOT.

The screenplay was so bad. People often talk about cringe worthy dialogue and unless it's B movie bad, I usually don't get bothered by it. However, this was worse. In fact, I think this may be one of the shittiest scripts ever considering the budget. And what a waste of talent. Hayek, Del Toro, Travolta, etc., and they all mailed it in. The only one who was even remotely interesting was Travolta.

As I said, I didn't expect this to be a return for Stone. I wasn't expecting it to be a really good movie but I was expecting it to at least be watchable. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time with this even if it was free. This has just taken my top spot for worst movie of the year.