Thread: Obama has won
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Then what was the point in all this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
If a president inherits a bad situation does that automatically mean he should get 8 years to turn things around? Why not 16? Why not make him a dictator? What arbitrary number of years should we give him? How did you come up with that number? Are we going to keep hearing excuses 4 years from now when the economy is still sluggish?

Also the Democrats had a lot of control in Congress when shit hit the fan almost exactly around the time our economy started to tank. A president isn't a dictator. If you're putting blame on just one man & the rest of them get off Scott free like they did again when most of them got reelected this week then you need to rethink things. Frank, Reid, Pelosi, etc. I see from my fellow liberals this current Republican group doesn't quite get the same leash and excuses as they do for Obama. But again people in this country have a sports minded mentality when it comes to politics.
I mean, when you say "blame", because they had "a lot of control in Congress," what are you blaming them for?

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 11-07-2012 at 09:44 PM..