Thread: End of Watch
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Really good cop flick. And it had the potential to be as good as Training Day but in the end, came up short for a couple reasons. As someone mentioned above, the bad guys were pretty lame overall. Which brings me to my main gripe about this movie....

Spoiler:
When they are following the bad guy into the trap set for them, and they are crossing the square in the apartment complex, 4 people with automatic weapons open fire on them from less than 50 feet away, from a balcony above them and hit nothing????? Seriously, Ayer did that shit. First thing I thought was no fucking way a director this good can fuck up this bad. But he did. That scene was so unrealistic it ruined the movie for me from that point on.

But up until that scene, it was very good. I wouldn't say it was ever Training Day good, but it was definitely very good. Do something else with that scene, I don't know what but something else at least plausible and this is an 8 or 9 out of 10. But that one scene was very bad IMO so I give it a 7/10.