View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
I'm behind that too, I guess I didn't stress enough the deserving part. It's about the performance for me, first and foremost, if I was an insider living in Hollywood I would perhaps think more politically and say it's not about performance it's about recognition. I wish I could compare Weisz to the other performances I've seen, Cotillard and Riva especially, but it should really be about who deserves it most. Does Serkis deserve it for The Hobbit alone? If so, great, tick the box. But if you're ticking that box because of past mistakes, you're doing a disservice to someone who's worked hard that year and deserves to be awarded for it.
It's about performance for me as well. The whole IOU thing is generally a load of shit. However, in the case of Serkis, I think it's important that people bring his name up because what he does is truly under-appreciated. I also imagine that even though his role in The Hobbit is smaller than in LOTR, he's still just as great, which would therefore probably make his performance among the best supporting performances this year.

Last edited by Bourne101; 12-04-2012 at 06:59 PM..