View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
I've been predicting him since the start, so I wasn't totally surprised. However, I'm starting to think he won't win because it sounds like there are other performances in the film that are almost or equally as good. I think Jackson and DiCaprio might end up cancelling each other out, which would leave us with Tommy Lee Jones. Jones was good, but the way the character was written didn't give him a lot more to do than deliver some witty insults. I'm hoping the momentum starts to move elsewhere.
I kept reading that DiCaprio's character wasn't the strongest in the film, that it was Jackson's character, so I assumed if anyone from the film had a shot, it would be him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
I'm hoping the momentum starts to move elsewhere. Some are saying Hoffman is the frontrunner, and that would be great, but that movie just seems to be losing a ton of steam, unfortunately.
I think Hoffman is hurt by the fact that critics probably aren't buying him as a supporting player, otherwise we probably would see him pick up some steam.

Last edited by Matchbox225; 12-05-2012 at 07:02 PM..