View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverload View Post
The plot hole was never about the time. It was more of a question of how does a man with no money travel across the world, and enter a city guarded by the military who is keeping people from getting in or out? He's Batman so I'm sure he could do it, but that is a pretty big hurdle for our hero to overcome without explanation.

It almost feels like a joke or a comedy skit where the hero says "We need to cross thousands of miles of ocean and land, and break into this heavily fortified base. We have no money, no vehicles, and no help. We are on our own.", then in the very next scene they are inside the base. That's a lot of very important information to just completely skip over.
I don't consider that to be important at all in the grand scheme of things. The movie runs 165 min. Why do we need an extra scene or two explaining how Bruce traveled from the prison back to Gotham? It would just kill the pace of the film and it doesn't really accomplish anything.

Obviously, some people feel as if Nolan contradicted his own internal logic established by the first two films in The Dark Knight Rises. I just really don't get that complaint. Nobody was bitching when people were speculating about Bane using an earthquake machine to destroy Gotham a year or two ago, as if that plot element would be more fitting in Nolan's Batman universe than a bomb.