View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Seriously though, if it were to become LITERALLY impossible for a drunk driver to be on the road, ever, wouldn't that be worth it?

BTW, yes, I agree we shouldn't be jailing people the way we do - we should be offering more treatment-oriented centers for substance abusers, but thats a different discussion, as it doesnt stop a first offender from getting behind the wheel while drunk.
NO, it would not. People do not like giving up their personal freedoms. I am able to make sure I am not drunk driving and I do not need the government to look over my shoulder every step of the way. The fear of all the trouble I can get into is enough for me to avoid driving drunk. You are talking like everyone is driving drunk all the time. If the police do their job, people will not take the chance. That is how the system is supposed to work.

Your liberalism just kills me. lol Seriously. Jail is supposed to be a deterrent to breaking laws. I don't break laws I would love to break, because I don't want to go to jail. I really want to go down to Wall Street and rob and beat the shit out of all the excutives there, but I don't because I do not want to go to jail. If I go to a party and I am driving, I have one drink every 3 hours. Why? Because I don't want to go to jail. Jail is a good thing. Like you said this is another topic, but we need to fix the jail system, but rehab is bullshit.