View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
You realize AJ Green was also a rookie too right? Also compared to other positions WRs traditionally dont have that huge of an impact immediately if that compared to other positions AJ Green is one
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I thought you implied that Dalton should've been ROY over Newton because his team made the playoffs. My point was that Dalton wasn't solely responsible for the team's turnaround, but also had AJ Green, who was magnificent, so it wouldn't be fair to credit Dalton for the Bengals' playoff run last season and hold it against Cam for the Panthers not making it simply because Dalton had more help.

Quote:
Could Luck have a better career than Griffin possibly who knows and judging by your comments on Griffin indicates to me you havent seen too many redskins games this season other than the 2 years with Grossman/Beck/McNabb we have always been a running team 1st and the only defense to really contain Griffin this year has been Carolina's
I'm an Eagles fan so I watch every NFC East team very closely. I watched a lot of Skins games this year. Again, Griffin is VERY good right now. I just think Luck is better. That's not an insult.

Looking at their talent, Luck has a better arm, makes better decisions, and is more accurate downfield. His turnovers come from trying to do too much, but I don't blame him for that. I feel if he had a more competent running game and a solid defense, he wouldn't try to make so many plays. A lot of qbs were like that. There's a reason Donovan McNabb, when he was an Eagle, had the lowest INT percentage in NFL history: he was able to rely on his defense. Griffin has a magnificent young running back, so he doesn't force much. Luck will do the same once the talent around him gets better.

Quote:
I do love how you mention that completion percentage is a joke stat considering Drew Brees has led in that the past 3 years
Doesn't matter. The fact is, completion percentage is a misleading stat. If you're completing 65% of your passes throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage, that doesn't make you an accurate passer. YPA also is irrelevant because it doesn't factor in a receiver's YAC. The Skins were among the league leaders in that category as a team a few weeks ago, so Griffin's YPA is inflated. The truth is, he throws a lot of short passes and his receivers make a lot of great plays.

But please, don't get me wrong. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULD DO. They have a great running game and with his mobility, they can sustain drives without him throwing the ball deep. They also have receivers who are smart with the ball and can elude tackles, as well as block downfield. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I'm saying it's inaccurate to call him a more accurate passer than Luck because his completion percentage is higher.