Originally Posted by Bondgirl
Also since we have had gun laws in aus we don't have,gun shops like we used too they are all empty shops with all those four and,five year old children being killed you would think the. American government would take action why are they waiting because it will keep going and hasn't the American people had enough of all of theese shooting
There are a few big reasons why they are not and can not do anything to get rid of guns.
1. The second Amendment in our Constitution allows people to own guns (arms). The Constitution is the basis of all our laws.
2. The gun lobby is too strong
3. Because most people feel the laws we have on the books work
4. Because a few nuts are not spoil it for everyone
5. It takes years and years for anything to get passed into law. Nothing as big as this is going to get changed quickly.