View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 - ***

Surprisingly, cheesy as it is, it's actually a lot of fun. Though I couldn't help but think how much cooler the movie would have been if they had gone for an R rating rather than a more sanitized PG-13. It's kind of ironic too that Kristen Stewart's acting is far more lively and energetic as a vampire than when she was a human. And god she was absolutely luminous here. Not just gorgeous, but she had a glow about her. She lit up the screen in a way she's never has before. I also gotta say that Robert Pattinson has improved immeasurably as an actor since this franchise began. In some of the other movies he's so flat and wooden but here he's much more confident and relaxed on screen. The guy has come along way. Lautner has improved too though he still moments where he can be a little wooden.

Spoiler:
As for the ending, the twist kind of reminded me of the twist at the end of the Nic Cage movie Next. The big difference is though that in that movie the twist, while playing fair and didn't break any of that movie's rules, nonetheless felt frustrating and anticlimatic. Not so much here. In fact, it was actually kind of clever. I chuckled.