View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 AM
TAKEN 2 - 5/10
Pretty stupid, but about what I expected so I'm not too bothered by it.

HAROLD AND KUMAR 3D CHRISTMAS - 7/10
The only H&K movie I like when NPH isn't on screen. Great 3d, too

ADVENTURES OF TIN-TIN - 7/10
Fun times. I like a lot of the set-pieces and it's just like Indiana Jones but doesn't suck like the last installment.

THE FINAL DESTINATION 3D (2009) - 6/10
Not the best movie, but it knows what it is and embraces that with gusto. RIP, Mr. Ellis. He knew what he was capable of and never tried to be more than that.
Also, the 3d on this movie is better than any other movie I've seen in 3d. Seriously. Yes, better than (yawn) Avatar, which is actually mediocre.

48 HOURS - 6.5/10
I haven't seen it in almost 20 years, and it holds up well now. It's never boring and there are some great moments. It sure is a RACIST flick, lol

BEVERLY HILLS COP - 7/10
Eddie Murphy really comes into "form" in this one, stealing every scene and it really is a vehicle for the greatness that Murphy is able to accomplish. However, the script itself is passable fair and many of the supporting cast are great as well - such as Bronson Pinchot as the ambiguous art dealer. Also worth noting is Stephen Elliott, chewing up his lines with subtle gusto, spitting them out with spite and authority. A great "classic" actor who understands that understated can say so much.