View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Maybe I'm the only one here, but I really do not care for All-Star weekend. I'm not a fan of exhbition games to begin with.... And then they turn the whole Saturday Night thing into an East vs. West thing with points being awarded? How silly is that shit? WHY? Why not just let each event stand on its own and let whoever wins, win?

The three point shootout isn't as thrilling as it used to be though it was probably the best thing of the whole night, really. Glad Irving won, he's a helluva player and is only gonna be getting better!

Slam Dunk contest isn't what it used to be either... With the exception of maybe 3 or 4 dunks it was a yawn fest. Plus whatever happened to the REAL stars participating? Like the Jordan's and Wilkins'? I mean I'm not taking anything way from guys like Gerald Green (who's first dunk was probably the highlight of the whole thing IMO), but I'd rather see a LeBron James vs. Blake Griffin dunk off anyday!

And what's with all the gimmicks? Stop it already! Remember the days when Vince Carter didn't need to jump over anyone or anything and still throw down some nasty dunks & win?

Anyway, I'm not going to bother watching the All-Star game tonight.... I just don't care. It's not thrilling to me when everyone's constantly traveling (even MORE than they usually do in regular games) and nobody's even TRYING to play defense at all. It's a waste. Looking forward to resuming the regular season and seeing what happens by the trade deadline!
I love the 4th quarter of the All-Star game, when the best players are on the floor and its personal. The last two years, you can see Kobe going HARD at Lebron (remember last year, when Lebron passed up a shot at the end of the game, and Kobe chided him and said "you gotta shoot that"... it's brilliant).

Dunk contest is lame because no stars are involved. I did like that Terrence Ross won without any props, aside from a Vince Carter jersey. But I think the other guys were just too shook by the spotlight.