Thread: Cannes 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Just came back from vacation.. and slowly getting back into the swing of things with Cannes. Was not following it at all.

There's so many movies that are interesting this year... gotta get back here once I formulate my thoughts more clearly, I have no idea what even screened yet apart from Inside Llewyn Davis thanks to Lazy Boy's awesome Tweet post up there. Makes me happy to hear that the movie is getting so much love, but I'm with whoever said that I want the Coens to go back to darkness like Fargo and No Country for Old Men.

Only God Forgives got 5 stars from the Guardian while everyone else seems to be shitting on it. And Rosling was booed for not showing up? Lol. Can't wait to see the film.

Also, just saw this and had to mention,

"We will see films, we will talk about them and we will present you with the outcome. Here there is no campaign, like in the Oscars, and it is a breath of fresh air. Steven Spielberg

I would of bet money that Spielberg would of snuck in some kind of diss at the Oscars haha. The man is pretty predictable.

I'm pretty sure that the jury is utterly controlled by his whim just because of the name. After all the movies screen and the reviews are out, shouldn't be too difficult to predict the winners. One thing seems for sure, Refn is going empty handed this time around.