Thread: Cannes 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Still waiting for word on Nebraska and the Jarmusch, the latter of which I'm really excited about.

Don't know about Palme d'Or, but Blue Is the Warmest Color is certainly on my radar:

Guy Lodge ‏@GuyLodge 4m
Too tired to think of anything clever and lucid to say about BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR, but it might be my favourite thing in Competition.

Wendy Ide ‏@wendyide 44m
Kechiche's Blue is the warmest colour is stunning: thumbs up. When I say thumbs up, I mean, not literally *flustered by lesbo sex scenes*

Boyd van Hoeij ‏@filmboyd 1h
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR is the best of the competish films I've seen and certainly Kechiche's best #Cannes2013 #GoodLuckQueerPalmJury

Total Film ‏@totalfilm 4h
Blue is the Warmest Colour is a wonderful study of first love. At 3hrs, it's not a minute too long #Cannes2013

Tim Grierson ‏@TimGrierson 4h
God, did I love BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR. Still need to absorb it, but it may be my favorite film at the festival. #Cannes

Jonathan Romney ‏@JonathanRomney 3h
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR - terrific performances, astonishing intensity, one of the few authentic emotional experiences in competition.

Jordan Hoffman ‏@JHoffman6 27m
I've decided to wait a day on my BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR (La Vie D'Adele) review. I gotta make sure I mean it before I say perfect 10.

erickohn ‏@erickohn 14m
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR: Brilliantly acted, beautifully scripted, sexually frank coming of age epic is definite Palme contender. #cannes

Justin Chang ‏@JustinCChang 1h
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR, one of the #Cannes competition's strongest:

Dave Calhoun ‏@davecalhoun 39m
CANNES:Abdellatif Kechiche's BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR a real surprise: warm, real, honest, raw, exciting, true. Lovely performances.

Glenn Heath Jr. ‏@MatchCuts 45m
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR (A-): Acutely aware of lies we tell inadvertently out of fear. Epic themes, tenderly focused in scope. #Cannes2013

Jordan Cronk ‏@JordanCronk 1h
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR (Kechiche) After the demanding BLACK VENUS this=effortless. Beautifully captures difficult dynamic. B+ #Cannes2013